The 1st list of existing chemical substances (510 substances) subject to registration was defined and released on July 1, 2015.
With implementation of The Act on the Registration and Evaluation of Chemicals (K-REACH, came into force on January 1, 2015), manufacturers or importers are required to register their use of the substances which are manufactured or imported ≧ 1t/y in accordance with Article 10 of K-REACH. The Korean Ministry of Environment (MoE) defined and released the list of existing chemical substances (510 substances) subject to registration on July 1, 2015.
We, Sumika Chemical Analysis Service, Ltd. provide notificasion services for existing chemical substances subject to registration and a local agent service by our subsidiary, SCAS Korea, Ltd.
The Act on the Registration and Evaluation of Chemicals (K-REACH, came into force on January 1, 2015)
Existing Chemical Substances Subject to Registration
What are existing chemical substances subject to registration?
- Chemical substances designated out of existing chemical substances by MoE, based on exposure potential such as distribution volume, hazards, etc.
- Defined and released by MoE every three years
- MoE Announcement No. 2015-92 Enactment and announcement of existing chemicals subject to registration
- Hydrates of existing chemicals subject to registration are included as substances subject to registration
Registration of existing chemical substances subject to registration based on K-REACH (Table)
|Applicant||Any person who intends to manufacture/import|
|Subjects to registration||When manufacturing/importing ≧1 t/y of existing chemicals subject to registration|
|Registration deadline||3 years after enactment and announcement|
|Material to be submitted||Data for the corresponding tonnage group (1-10 t/y, 10-100 t/y, 100-1,000 t/y, 1,000 t/y -), etc.|
|Registration method||For the physicochemical properties and toxicity information as well as the test plan, specify the representative person and submit jointly via IT system|
- Serving as an agent for notification in Korea
Notifivation services for existing chemical substances subject to registration
- Dossier preparation
- SIEF representation
- Contacting and discussing matters with joint submitters
Other consulting services
- Regulatory report preparation etc.
Local Subsidiary「SCAS Korea, Ltd.」
Rm. 1306 Royal Palace House Vill B-Dong, 105,
Baekhyeon-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, 13595, Korea