1. Use of Personal Information
Our Company shall acquire personal information in an appropriate and lawful manner. The acquired personal information shall be used within the scope of the following purposes.
- To provide services and products
- To provide information on services and products
- To provide information on seminars or exhibitions
- To reply to inquiries or requests from customers
- To analyze data for the development and marketing of our services and products
- To ensure the secure management of the acquired personal information
Except in cases where it is exempted from doing so under laws and regulations, if we intend to use any personal information for any purposes other than those listed above, we will specify the purpose of such usage and obtain your prior consent.
2. Management of Personal Information
In order to safely handle your personal information, our Company makes ongoing efforts to maintain and improve its level of information security. Personal information is managed to strictly avoid disclosure to any third party without your permission. Our Company may, however, disclose your information in instances where there is a valid reason, including but not limited to the following.
- If you have given your consent.
- Our Company may contract with third parties for the use or management of your personal information.
- Our Company may contract with third parties to achieve the purpose of use.
- In the event of an emergency, in order to protect human life or human rights, or in the event that cooperation is requested by a public agency such as the judicial branch or police based on relevant laws or ordinances, our Company may disclose your information in accordance with such law or ordinance without obtaining your prior consent.
3. Outsourcing of personal information
Necessary and appropriate supervision shall be conducted if the use or management of customer information is delegated to any third party.
4. Joint Use of Personal Information
Our Company may jointly use personal information with the following Group Companies for the purpose of providing comprehensive Group services.
- Environmental Solution Co., Ltd.
- SCAS Korea, Ltd.
- Sumika Analysis & Evaluation Service (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- SCAS Taiwan, Ltd.
- SCAS SINGAPORE PTE LTD
- SCAS Europe S.A./N.V.
5. Handling of personal information on our website
1. About Cookies
The website sends data known as cookies, information that can identify users’ computers, for more convenient browsing when visiting our Company’s website again, and stores them on the computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not identify individual users. It is possible to block the receipt of cookies via your internet browser, but please note that this may render you unable to properly utilize the website.
2. Note on the Dangers of Information Leakage Via Internet Properties
In the process of sending or receiving information via the internet or email, third parties may be able to access that information or it may leak due to the nature of the internet. We ask that you please be fully aware of such dangers.
Click here for information on our website’s security.
3. Protection of Personal Information on Linked Sites
When following the links to other websites contained on this website, please check each of the linked site’s individual policies regarding their handling of personal information. Our Company cannot be held responsible for the handling of personal information by businesses or individuals linked through its website.
7. Regarding Disclosure of and Desired Corrections to Personal Information
If you wish that your personal information be disclosed, corrected, added to or partially removed, no longer used, or deleted entirely, please contact us as noted below. Following confirmation of your identity we will take appropriate action.