Sampler for aldehydes etc. for an indoor environment.
- Able to accurately measure acrolein and crotonaldehyde.
- Realizes low blank values and accurate measurement for low concentration samples.
- Able to make highly accurate and highly sensitive measurement by HPLC (UV 240 nm).
- On July 13, 2007, designated as “instrument separately specified by the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare”.
- CNET – Aldehyde derivatives are stable for about 1 month when refrigerated (5°C).
Legal regulations and background
Various acts (*) stipulate the formaldehyde concentration in the air inside a new or reformed building to be less than the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare guidance value (< 80 ppb).
- ※Housing Quality Assurance Act (August 2001)
※Act on Maintenance of Sanitation in Buildings (April 2003)
- ※Building Standards Act (July 2003)
Conventionally, precise measurement of formaldehyde concentration was commonly conducted by derivatizing and capturing it by 2,4-Dintrophenylhydrazine (DNPH), and quantifying the derivative by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). This DNPH and its aldehyde derivatives have adverse health effects on human such as mutagenicity. As a method to solve such health issues, SCAS developed the aldehyde capture sampler CNET-A and CNET-P. They are samplers using (4-cyano-2-ethoxybenzyl)hydroxylamine (CNET) as the capturing agent that reacts with aldehydes (ketones).
Principle: Reaction formula between CNET and aldehydes (ketones)
SUMICATCH CNET-A (active sampler)
This is an active sampler for aldehydes etc. in the environmental air.
・Able to accurately measure acrolein and crotonaldehyde.
- This sampler and a pump (separately sold) are needed to use SUMICATCH CNET-A. Make sure to apply an ozone scrubber and protect from the sunlight (e.g., covering with aluminum foil) when collecting the air outdoors.